Friday, May 1, 2009

Paid to Play, May Day BBQ

Oh what a day. I feel so wiped but probably just because I spent my workday in the sunshine. And I made good, home-cooked food for dinner (three more recipes below).
This was my office today. Rough huh? My only complaint is that my right arm is now more tan than the left arm. But really, I enjoyed working the show today. I like to talk to customers and we don't usually get too many in the office. Didn't sell anything but talked to a few people who are interested. Sometimes that's as good as it gets. :)

Geoff wanted me to share this video. He was playing with Piper this morning before work and she got really into it. I swear I'm not choosing favorites, she's just more entertaining lately. As you can see Kuzco doesn't really care what's going on. I think he just wants to know why the office is such a mess. I wonder the same.

And now dinner. We had my dad and his friend over for a barbecue tonight. I made burgers from scratch, my delish potato salad, and corn on the cob. Here are my recipes:

First the corn cause it's the easiest: Peel your corn, place on a piece of foil. Smear with butter, sprinkle pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Wrap it up with the foil and put it on the grill as the grill is heating, usually takes a little longer than meat to cook.

"Best Ever" Potato Salad (3 people said so):
12 small red potatoes
3 stalks celery
1/2 large or 1 small onion
1 green bell pepper
4 strips bacon
6 Eggs
Mayo
Mustard
Fresh dill
Pepper
Salt
Paprika
What to do: Clean the potatoes and cut into 1/4" disks, boil until soft but not mushy. Also hard-boil the 6 eggs. Cook the bacon in a frying pan. Dice onion and celery. Once bacon is done cooking remove only the bacon to a paper towel lined plate, leave the grease in the pan. Saute the onion and celery in the bacon grease (I know, SO bad for you but SO yummy!). Let the onion and celery cook down until they are soft and translucent. Dice the green pepper and toss in with the other veggies once they are done. Let sit while you drain potatoes. Put the potatoes in a bowl and cut the peeled eggs into the potatoes. Add veggies. Cut bacon into small bits and add that as well. Add 3-4 tablespoons of mayo and a squirt of mustard and mix. Add more mayo if needed, but be sure to mix as you go so you don't end up with mayo salad. Add the dill at the end and season to taste. Ennnjoy!
I've been told by 3 people that this is the best potato salad they've ever had. I'll take it! Even Geoff who doesn't do veggies had seconds tonight. Love it!

Burgers (makes 12):
2 lb Ground beef
1/2 C finely diced onion
Bread crumbs
2 eggs
Caribbean Jerk Sauce
Pepper
Garlic Salt
What to do: Mix together all of the ingredients. Form large meat balls and squish into patties. Remember to make them on the large side because they'll shrink on the grill. Refrigerate until you're ready to grill. Don't forget the cheese!

And here is the result! A not so healthy, but very tasty home cooked meal. I also wanted to show off my flowers. Both Geoff and my dad bought me flowers for May Day. So pretty!
Oof! Kuzco is now on my chest, giving my face kisses. And now he's curled up on my chest, very annoyed that I'm still typing. He's kinda hard to see through. I better get going anyway. I'm
going to take my last two ounces of enerygy and get a shower and then off to bed. Goodnight!

PS I apologize if the formatting is off tonight. It's giving me a hard time with my pics tonight and I am WAY too tired to fight it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment