Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ella, Shopping, Looking Forward

I sold another building today! And Ella came to work! She's my boss' dog. She's super sweet and a welcome distraction. Keri tells her to leave me alone but I like to love on her while I work, sometimes I let her sit on my lap and she stares at the computer screen so intently. Ella makes me go against my general dislike for little dogs. :) Isn't she cute?!
Before work I got some more of my project done. Lots to still do though. After work I went shopping and to dinner with my mom in law. She ends up paying for most of what I pick out when we go together and that makes me feel bad cause I don't want her to think I'm a mooch. Mostly though I think she's just nice and likes to take care of her kids. So I got some basic tops and a really cute spring green cardigan. And Geoff got a couple shirts and shorts and more of his coveted Adidas socks. Doesn't take much to make him happy. :) One of the stores we went to was Lane Bryant and I have to tell you, I think that's the best store on earth. I never pay what the price says on the tag. I think this is because the fine people at Lane Bryant know you're depressed about having to shop there and so they send you out the door with all kinds of discounts to make you feel better. Several times I've saved more than I've spent! And, best of all, they play up the discounts if your husband is with you... I've seen it happen many times! Husbands think discounts are great and then they let you shop there more often cause you always walk away with such great deals. Anyway this business philosophy works for me. If I ever do lose all of this weight I will be sad to not get those amazing discounts anymore!

On a side note, next week is Meredith and Derek's wedding on Grey's. I'm super excited (but we'll see if they go through with it, seems too good to be true). Geoff and I will be enjoying the Wedding/100th episode at the beach. We're going to the beach for our anniversary and staying at the Inn at Discovery Coast, which is where we stayed for our honeymoon. When I'm stressed I escape there in my mind. The bed is an AMAZING king size and the jetted tub is my home away from home, seriously! I am also super excited that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button comes out on May 5 cause that's just in time to buy it and take it with us to the beach. When we stay at the beach I always watch Big Fish, it's tradition now, and when I saw Benjamin Button I told Geoff it would make an excellent beach movie cause it reminds me of Big Fish and so it's perfect that the movie is coming out they day before we leave. But I suspect if I watch it from the tub I will probably be as wrinkled as Benjamin is when he's a baby!

Poop! I just remembered I need to go water my flowers and it's already 11:30, ugh. It's supposed to be SO beautiful out tomorrow. Here's hoping I get to work the Garden show so that I can spend the afternoon marinating in the sunshine! *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment