Friday, May 15, 2009

Last few days...

True to vacation style I'm not sure what day it is or in what order things have happened lol. Let's think here. Wednesday we ventured to Janesville, Wisconsin. We went to a mall there where I pondered exactly how menopausal women shop in shopping malls. Haha. I got so overheated that I had to buy a new shirt and flip flops to change into. I also bought a souvineer for my hubby at the Badger store. When I say I bought I usually mean my mom funded. :) Anyway. Then we had lunch at Perkin's. Then we headed back toward home. On the way, Fritz got pulled over on the state line! The cop said she couldn't see his seatbelt. Which is silly cause he had it on the whole time. But she gave him a warning and said she was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Silly. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the car behind Fritz's truck.

That night we had a thunder storm! I was less thrilled with the tornado watch also issued with the storm. The storm wasn't nearly as powerful as the news said it would be but it was still impressive. I took a video of it. I stood out in the pouring rain and strong winds to get this!


That brings us to Thursday. We got off to a lazy start. Mom and I sat around and did our nails and did a face peel. Then we had a big breakfast. Then we went shopping some more. We went to the Springhill Mall which is where we shopped when I was little. It's kinda neat to revisit places like that just for the memories. On our way home we stopped at the Polish store to pick up some cabbage rolls and had those for dinner with mashed potatoes. Yum! So good! After dinner we went back out and found this store called Archiver's. It's an amazing scrapbooking store. We dug through the bargain bins and got some cute stuff for cheap. I am definitely going to save up for my next visit! Fritz mowed the lawn while we were gone and I had to take a picture of his red socks. Fritz and his red socks!

We are now waiting for my brother Alex to get home from work so we can go meet him for dinner. I think we're going out to pizza. I am hoping to get together with a friend from when I was little tonight. Her name is Carrie. My mom is good friends with her mom, we used to live in the same apartment buildind when we were little. So anyway, hoping to see Carrie tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot! I finally took a picture of the quilt I made for my mom for Mother's Day. Here it is:















Tomorrow it's on the plane for me. I fly out of here at 2:00 (noon Pacific) but don't get home til 7:30 (Pacific) which means I have a looong day of travel tomorrow. My layover is in Phoenix. Just enough time to pee and grab a bite, then back on the plane. Then my dad and Geoff will be waiting for me at the airport and we'll go to Chipotle for dinner. Yay!

I'm excited to see Geoff. I have really enjoyed my visit with my mom, don't get me wrong, but I'm hopelessly attached to my husband so it'll be good to be in his arms again. And I'm not nearly as sad about leaving my mom this time because Geoff and I will be back in a month and a half. That's like no time at all! Hopefully by then the weather will shape up and the pool will be in place.

Okay... that's all for now. Probably won't blog tomorrow cause I'll be on the plane.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment