Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day



Hello from Chicago (Crystal Lake to be more exact). I flew home yesterday to surprise my mom for Mother's Day. This is a picture of her face when she saw me. I am happy to be home and I think she's pretty happy too! I made her a quilt and she loves it. I gave it to her last night though cause I was to excited to wait! I will take pictures of it tomorrow and post.

This morning we went to brunch at a place called Warsaw Inn. The food was ok. Then my mom and I went to an outdoor mall in Barriongton. One of the stores we went to is called Soft Surroundings where everything is, well, soft. They have bedding, clothing, robes, and beatuy products. I bought this delicious smelling lotion (the Ore scent). I can't get over how good it smells. I'm a big fan. :) For dinner Mama, Fritz, and I went to a drive-in in Huntley called the Dairy Market. They have everything you can think of in terms of hot sandwiches, burgers, corn dogs, fish, ice cream, etc. We had burgers and fries and the prices are unbelievably cheap! The three of us got burgers and fries and drinks for $15! I am surprised the McDonalds across the street is still in business. Fritz said when he was 16 he used to drive there on the tractor. This does not surprise me. :)

Tomorrow we are going to my aunt Claudi's. She doesn't know I'm in town. Later this week we'll see my brother Alex too. That's all for tonight, I'm so drained. More tomorrow!
PS
This is my Kuzco before I left for Chicago. He has his little paws crossed and his ears back while laying on my suitcase. He doesn't like when I leave home...

No comments:

Post a Comment