Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Day


Today is a new day...The sun is shining, the air is warm. I dragged my rocking chair outside onto the paito to enjoy it. I should be inside working on my project but today I need the sunshine. I have a horrible headache and he glare doesn't really help that matter but eh, I'm content anyway. The birds are eating from the feeder and a squirrel just came along. The blossoms are blowing off the tree, making it look like pink snow. I love it. :)

So I didn't really focus on the positives of yesterday. Earlier in the day Brooklyn, my niece, called asking to hang out. Miss 13 going on 21 doesn't usually call unless she needs a ride somewhere. And don't get me wrong, I'm happy she calls when she needs something, but my goodness was it nice to get a call just asking to hang out! I told her we just had some boring errands to run but she was more than welcome to join us. So we picked her up and went to Kohls so I could spend my $10 coupon. I intended on buying some khaki capris but ended up buying more soft towels. We were laughing at Brooklyn cause she's glued to her cell phone texting and when she lost reception she was raising her phone toward the roof and hopping, trying to get reception. Aah teenagers. :) After that we took her to Big Tom's where she saw a guy who was "beast" and his look was "scene". Um yeah. Way to make me feel OLD! I'm only 12 years older than Brooklyn but she's already talking another language, lol. Anyhow, she's a vegetarian these days because she watched a horrific video on You Tube called Meet your Meat. I've not watched it, but Brookly has described it in full detail several times. So she ordered a Boca burger and ended up with a double Boca and wolfed the thing down, goop all over her face and all. Then we went to the mall so Geoff could get his hair cut and Brooklyn and I walked around while we waited. She showed me all of the things she's into. Mostly Neon and 80's-esk. I used to live in neon when I was little, haha. It felt so good to hang out with her. We then dropped her off at her friends house and went to Waddel Creek Rustics. I love their stuff. I bought my desk and chair there last summer for $15. Yesterday I bought a sign for my laundry room that says: LAUNDRY drop your drawers here. Very cute. They had an old rocking chair painted black and scuffed up like my desk and so I think I might do that with my rocking chair. It needs refinished one way or another. After all of our running around we both took a nap and then went to Caroline and Brendan's where we enjoyed cupcakes and watched Yes Man while loving on Lucy and JoJo.

Today I need to get a lot done. I have to make some serious progress on my project and a million other things. Fluff (Geoff's mom) said she might bring over Bride Wars to watch. I hope she does, that would be nice. After having a sad day hanging out with a parent is comforting. Thank goodness for parents. Funny how when we're growing up we do everything we can to distance ourselves from them but when it comes down to the tough stuff in adult life they're the ones we want to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment