Saturday, April 25, 2009

Intro I Guess

So I'm a blogger now. I am not sure yet where this will take me or how exactly I will format my blog but here I am. Today is Saturday. My husband and I were supposed to go on a hike today with my dad but we crapped out. But so did Dad in the end. Geoff (husband) is playing video games with our nephew. I'm on the couch trying to talk myself into getting ready for the day so we can take Dallas to go see Earth. But I have a cold and I am sooo tired.

Yesterday I went to the zoo with my mom in law. We had a fun time. We don't hang out one-on-one very often and so it was kind of a treat. I took some pics but none worth posting. The animals were sleepy. The sun was out and it felt good to marinate in it!

I have a couple projects going. I am working on a quilt and a shirt-dress. I will post pictures later when I'm feeling better. I need to take shirt-dress over to my friend Laura's so that she can hopefully help me make it look less like a pumpkin! It's so poofy but the fabric is super cute. I think we just need to take it in on the side a bit. I was inspired by an apron pattern I saw: http://www.mkquiltdesigns.com/pattern%20pages/p-lillyapron.html. The quilt will be a gift. I made my first quilt last month, I took a class at JoAnne's. It turned out amazing for my first shot at it. I'll post a pic of that one too.

This weekend is Art's Walk downtown. I really want to go. I hate to drag Geoff to look at stuff he's not really interested in but he's good to me and goes along with it anyway. :)

Ok, I guess this is it for now. My first post. I will make future posts much more interesting, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment