Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to Work, Beef Stroganoff

Greetings from the desk of Jessica L Brown. Yes, that's right I'M AT WORK!!! Not back to full time yet but off and on for a few weeks and then back to full time. Woo. I never realized how much I missed my job until I sat down at my desk today. I was delighted to find a stack of work that Keri put together for me and Matt threw some in too. Jackpot! I got most of it done, just one more tedious customer to tackle. I have to draw plans and do up and estimate. The plan drawing is the tedious part but it's work. :) Today I am happy for work. Later this week, when the sun comes out, I'll be wishing was still unemployed. But this morning when I woke up to rain it did feel like a sigh of relief. Dunno why, just sometimes the rain is nice. And my flowers are grateful.

For dinner tonight I'm making Beef Stroganoff. Here's my recipe:
1 lb (more if you like) stew meat
1 Family sized can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Spicy Brown Mustard
Worcestershire Sauce
Sour Cream
Milk
1 Bag Egg Noodles (make 2 for leftovers)
What to do: Cut the stew meat into smaller pieces, usually in half or quarters. Saute in pan with Worcestershire sauce. Let simmer for a while, til the meat is tender. If you don't live with a mushroom hater you could even throw some fresh mushrooms in to simmer w the meat. You may need to add more sauce or a little bit of water so it doesn't dry out. Leave the juices in there, don't drain it. Add mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, and mustard. For the milk, I just add as much as I need to get a good consistency, a little at a time. I think I probably add a cup to a cup and a half. Same with sour cream and mustard. These two are more for taste than texture, so put a little in and taste. I also add a fair amount of pepper. After you add those, cook the noodles and allow the sauce to simmer while noodles cook. Serve it up with a dollop of sour cream on top and enjoy!

Now that my mouth is watering and I've wasted a sufficient amount of time NOT working at work... I better get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment